Eugene Sandow (1890’s)
*Power Club: Rest, Nutrition and Recovery are PARAMOUNT today!
- Consume 3.5 liters of cold water throughout the entire day.
- High quality whole foods and CARBOHYDRATES!
- If following Paleo or Whole 30, INCREASE your caloric intake by 500kcal/day. One must EAT to grow!
- Stretching and walking will speed recovery and assist in alleviating muscular soreness. Ice if needed.
- When training for Strength/Power, Sleep is also of the utmost importance. 8-10hrs/night is considered by most the optimal amount.
- You may consider resuming training on Wednesday, however, a more realistic and beneficial approach calls for training to resume on Thursday.
- Recovery, Recovery, Recovery!!!
*One will find that as we become much STRONGER and more POWERFUL, the LESS we have to exercise! Excessive Volume with Low Intensity is NOT the key to successful and progressive weight training. HIGH INTENSITY at SHORT INFREQUENT INTERVALS builds massive gains in muscle, strength and power!